• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Parkgate Raptors (1 Viewer)

A few reports filtering through of a "photographer" on the marsh flushing birds - this is never acceptable if you see somebody doing this then make as many notes about them as you can (try and get a car reg) and then give the details to the RSPB please.

See you for the tides on Monday and Tuesday.

Very excited by the spoonbill adding to the present bird spectacle!

A few reports filtering through of a "photographer" on the marsh flushing birds - this is never acceptable if you see somebody doing this then make as many notes about them as you can (try and get a car reg) and then give the details to the RSPB please.

Unbelievable-didn`t see this myself this afternoon thankfully- i remember last Winter, some idiot was practically IN the Harrier roost with a camo net over him and a huge lens poking out.

The RSPB lads soon turfed him off- i couldn`t believe what i was seeing at the time-what`s wrong with these people, why do they always have to take it that bit further???!!!????

cheers

Unbelievable-didn`t see this myself this afternoon thankfully- i remember last Winter, some idiot was practically IN the Harrier roost with a camo net over him and a huge lens poking out.

The RSPB lads soon turfed him off- i couldn`t believe what i was seeing at the time-what`s wrong with these people, why do they always have to take it that bit further???!!!????

cheers

I believe from what I have learned on another thread that was Graham Eaton. A supposed professional photographer (should know better) but he lost any respect he may have had amongst the photographic community long before that. Hope it's not him up to his old tricks again. If I ever saw someone doing that I'd be shouting a few choice expletives! As a happy snapper myself I always know that there are some lines you simply don't cross.

Anyway, see you all at midday. I'll be the one coughing, sniffing and blowing my nose a lot!

A professional w"^7er if you ask me Jaff.

Leighton Moss for us tomorrow-enjoy the High Tide, i`m sure you`ll have a great afternoon there.

cheers

cheers

Yes, someone rang the RSPB t olet them know. Wonder who that was?;)

Oh boy! What a treat we had today. Few firsts for me!

And Mr Fox did manage to get out of the water eventually :t:

Hope its not one of the same crowd Jane Turner saw disturbing the high tide wader roost at Hoylake at the weekend!!!

cheers

Disgraceful behaviour!!:C:C

CB

Oh boy! What a treat we had today. Few firsts for me!

And Mr Fox did manage to get out of the water eventually :t:

Yeah thanks to some cock walking on the marsh right past him. Don't think he was a birder though, didn't have any birding gear. Left in a white van/car effort.

But it was an awesome spectacle today. Well worth it but couldn't stay long enough to watch the roost (left shortly after 4:00pm) so don't how the day ended but the high tide was properly up to the sea wall and the marsh was submerged all the way. Lots went on, too much to list so I'll leave that to some one else.

I would like to add, it was a wonderful day, well worth it seeing literally thousand of birds. Add to that, the life and death struggle before our eyes with countless small mammals escaping the flood and running the gauntlet of hungry birds. Rest assured where I was plenty made the safety of the sea wall.

Grand day out.

Another successful Donkey Stand session -

Marsh Harrier (Juv) - hunting most of the day
Spoonbill (Flight) - feeding and roosting around Old Baths and Boathouse flashes
Short-Eared Owls - at least 4 hunting from quite early, 1 just 30m from the prom!
Peregrine - through several times having a go at woodpigeons/stock dove flocks
Sparrowhawk - just missed a starling!
Kestrel - Eating a vole on top of chimneys!
Pink-feet - a few handfuls moving about late afternoon
Little Egret - more activity early in the day

No obvious sighting of hen harriers though ..... possibly way out on tide line?

images

Bradinho hope you dont mind a few images from today, These were up by the carpark

I didnt get enough light or focal length for the Spoonbill but it looked great nontheless

Regards
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_4794.jpg
    IMG_4794.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Kestrel.jpg
    Kestrel.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4740.jpg
    IMG_4740.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 85
Great day today-started with a Green Woodpecker feeding in the car park at Old Baths when i pulled up this morning-too much else to mention-great views of the Spoonbill this afternoon after 3pm-SEOs and Ringtails giving great views-superb weather helped.

cheers

Female and male type ringtails of which only the male showed well last night, distant view of the Marsh heading off towards the Dee late on, a merlin showed well as did 2 - 3 Short-eared Owls, one of which put on an amazing close range hunting display.

Fantastic evening for it too, breeze died away and light was beautiful, although as ever would prefer the light behind!

Attachments

• aKICX7170.jpg
    aKICX7170.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 82
Bradinho hope you dont mind a few images from today, These were up by the carpark

I didnt get enough light or focal length for the Spoonbill but it looked great nontheless

Regards
Dave

Ahh they do make it a bit easier sometimes and prove that you do not have to trespass nor disturb the birds to get some fantastic shots.

Female and male type ringtails of which only the male showed well last night, distant view of the Marsh heading off towards the Dee late on, a merlin showed well as did 2 - 3 Short-eared Owls, one of which put on an amazing close range hunting display.

Fantastic evening for it too, breeze died away and light was beautiful, although as ever would prefer the light behind!

I think the recent tides may have made the perching posts come a bit closer!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back