• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

October moths (1 Viewer)

Cheers Dan, I found that thread quite interesting.

I also had one flying around a fluorescent light in my garage back in the summer, eventually it landed on the car so I was able to pick it up on my finger and carry it outside into the sun (should remember the day we never had many of them :-O) where after a few minutes it warmed up and flew off.

Have packed the trap away - however should the wind die down I could be tempted to put the trap out, still waiting for feathered thorn

It was the only moth in the trap on the morning of the 25th! (I believe..only the first time I've had just one moth?..although on occasion none!)

Has been somewhat dire - have had the feathered thorn on the bathroom window - not in the trap, but did have an M du J on Monday, well pleased.
Just single moths in over last few nights, satelite, yellow line quaker, red line quaker and this - I would have thought black rustic, but where is the pale edge to the kidney?

Attachments

• 20111026black.jpg
    20111026black.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20111026black1.jpg
    20111026black1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 75
Was delighted to get this female Gem as a garden addition last night... Looks like she took a bit of a battering on the way.

Attachments

• gem.jpg
    gem.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back