• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Norfolk 3g (1 Viewer)

peteh

Not sure if this is the right sub forum but does anyone in North Norfolk have 3g working on their phone?
Ive looked at all the providers coverage maps but it doesn't seem to cover North Norfolk.

Im just trying to work out if I should get a payg sim for internet coverage when I'm birding down in Norfolk

Cheers

Not sure if this is the right sub forum but does anyone in North Norfolk have 3g working on their phone?
Ive looked at all the providers coverage maps but it doesn't seem to cover North Norfolk.

Im just trying to work out if I should get a payg sim for internet coverage when I'm birding down in Norfolk

Cheers

Ha ha very funny! Mobile phone coverage in Norfolk is a standing joke. Mobile phone network providers have barely heard of Norfolk! You will be lucky to find any provider that provides good coverage for the whole of Norfolk! Coverage is very patchy and non-existent in some places on the coastline! Some of the best known birding spots have almost no coverage. So find a hill and try semaphore!....................and as for broadband internet..................... we might get a decent speed by next century

Sue

Ha ha very funny! Mobile phone coverage in Norfolk is a standing joke. Mobile phone network providers have barely heard of Norfolk! You will be lucky to find any provider that provides good coverage for the whole of Norfolk! Coverage is very patchy and non-existent in some places on the coastline! Some of the best known birding spots have almost no coverage. So find a hill and try semaphore!....................and as for broadband internet..................... we might get a decent speed by next century

Sue

I have 3g and as Sue says its patchy to say the least. Get signals in unexpected places, Cley Coastguards and not in the village, Salthouse Beach and again not in the village. Have definately found that to get a more reliable signal have to get higher up. I'm on O2.

Phil

Im on T-Mobile and can get 3G in quite a few areas of the coastline, so it's not all bad. It is quite patchy though as others have said!

ooo. So it might be worth my while getting a free sim and topping up with 10 quid.

Thanks for replying thats given me something to think about.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back