• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (12 Viewers)

Thank you for your candour - it’s incredibly sad to hear about the demise of Orioles and Montys though! My plan for the weekend is to to have a day or two to take in Titchwell & Cley, so fingers crossed I can track down some Turtle Doves, Corn Buntings and whatever else I can find...I shall have a search where you suggest. Absolutely, it’s my first visit to the county and I’d be lying if I said the location and time of year was an accident!
Well you’ve picked a great time to visit! I apologise as didn’t realise you haven’t been before and aren’t to know the demise of certain birds. Both reserves will delight you anyway so enjoy finding what you can. I have enjoyed many occasions with Montys and Orioles - such a shame they no longer breed. But both possible on passage. Have a great time!

Well you’ve picked a great time to visit! I apologise as didn’t realise you haven’t been before and aren’t to know the demise of certain birds. Both reserves will delight you anyway so enjoy finding what you can. I have enjoyed many occasions with Montys and Orioles - such a shame they no longer breed. But both possible on passage. Have a great time!
No worries at all, thank you so much for your help, it’s greatly appreciated. If I stumble across anything unusual, I’ll be sure to post a report.

Plenty to see in East Norfolk today: Hickling had Green, Wood and Common Sands, Temminck's Stint, and two or three Stilts, while an Osprey spent all afternoon at Ormesby Little Broad

Attachments

• bws rba.jpg
    bws rba.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 17
  • temm b.jpg
    temm b.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP2972.jpg
    IMGP2972.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 20
  • osprey rba.jpg
    osprey rba.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 18
  • osprey 2.jpg
    osprey 2.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 16
I saw a couple of Pied Flies at Winterton this morning: nearby was an Icterine Warbler...

Attachments

• icterine rba.jpg
    icterine rba.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 14
  • icterine 3.jpg
    icterine 3.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 14
Does anyone know where to report colour ringed godwits? I had this black-tailed at the harbour at Brancaster Staithe early afternoon. I was glad I'd stopped to get photos of it (the only way to make sure I don't get the colour rings wrong) as a juvenile white-tailed eagle drifted over while I was watching the godwit!

Attachments

• 7D2X4996.jpg
    7D2X4996.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 7D2X5022.jpg
    7D2X5022.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 7
This page is for Project Godwit sightings but it also gives an email address for other ringed Godwit sightings:

Ron

This page is for Project Godwit sightings but it also gives an email address for other ringed Godwit sightings:

Ron
thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back