• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Zeiss FL T 10x32 or New Meopta Meostar 10x32 for the same Price ? (1 Viewer)

New Zeiss FLs under $1k is a hell of deal. I think current resale is more than that. At least I hope so, I got a pair I should sell.

However, I've never tried the Meopta's.

Keep in mind the Zeiss may have a very stiff focus wheel out of the box. Mine did, but Zeiss fixed it very quickly. IIRC there have been a few similar reports.

I would get the Zeiss FL 10x32's not because they are that much better than the Meopta Meostar but because the resale is going to be higher, and you will sell them easier and quicker if you do decide to sell them.

Hi,

if I was in the market for a 10x32 pair (which I am not but I'll keep quiet on why 'cause Gwen probably knows what she wants), I'd take the FL between the two...

Reasons are field flattener in the FL 10x32 (not in the 8x32) and former alpha... plus they're helluva deal with a 3 digit pricetag (like my new to me 8x32 FL) - so they can be easily sold on without loss if for some reason they don't fit.

Joachim

Hi,

if I was in the market for a 10x32 pair (which I am not but I'll keep quiet on why 'cause Gwen probably knows what she wants), I'd take the FL between the two...

Reasons are field flattener in the FL 10x32 (not in the 8x32) and former alpha... plus they're helluva deal with a 3 digit pricetag (like my new to me 8x32 FL) - so they can be easily sold on without loss if for some reason they don't fit.

Joachim
Thanks guys, I figured the Zeiss Fl 10x32 would be a better resale. The Meopta Meostar 10x32 I can find under $1000 all day long. Looked thru/handled the FL 8x32 many years ago and always wanted to try the FL 10x32. From Amazon a New Zeiss FL 10x32, the lowest price I have ever seen for any New Zeiss FL x32 … $889. Sold by DFW Shooting Sporting LLC, shipping from Amazon. Looks almost to good to be true, but since Amazon guaranteed these for free return I had to pull the trigger. We should have these in about a week. Of all other Bino’s we have purchased thru Amazon no signature required at door. Amazon requires signature this time.

Last edited:
Hi,

keeping fingers crossed everything works out... there used to be some too good to be true offers for FLs on german amazon (500-700€) by private sellers which probably were fake... as in private seller has 10 pairs...

Please keep us posted!

Joachim

Hi,

keeping fingers crossed everything works out... there used to be some too good to be true offers for FLs on german amazon (500-700€) by private sellers which probably were fake... as in private seller has 10 pairs...

Please keep us posted!

Joachim
I also have seen many Binoculars being sold on Amazon with questionable prices being both sold and shipped by private sellers. I figure since Amazon is the shipper and not the seller in their listing, I will only have to deal with them if these are not in New Condition or look like counterfeits. If these do go back to Amazon for any reason, I will only be out of the optional xtra $5.95 I paid for upgraded delivery.

I also have seen many Binoculars being sold on Amazon with questionable prices being both sold and shipped by private sellers. I figure since Amazon is the shipper and not the seller in their listing, I will only have to deal with them if these are not in New Condition or look like counterfeits. If these do go back to Amazon for any reason, I will only be out of the optional xtra $5.95 I paid for upgraded delivery.
I saw that Amazon page, it wasn't clear whether the bins were 8x or 10x. May want to check with the seller if you can. Or maybe you're good with either.

Hi,

well at least the seller, DFW Shooting Sporting LLC, does exist and if it's delivered by Amazon from an Amazon facility, it's Amazon who needs to make sure that there's not a brick inside the package... probably a good idea anyways to have some other person taking images when unwrapping that one...

Joachim

Hi,

Please keep us posted!

Joachim
That reminds me to have my spider senses at full awareness when I sign for the package and not to let the Amazon person run off until I get a good look inside.
I saw that Amazon page, it wasn't clear whether the bins were 8x or 10x. May want to check with the seller if you can. Or maybe you're good with either.
I know but after you had hit the buy it now , the listing indicates it’s the 10x32 version. I have been watching this for about 5 days, they had another seller option( private) but those were not guaranteed by Amazon for free return. If the listing turns out to be authentic, I would be good with either at that price.

I forgot to ask, are the Zeiss FL T 10x32 still in production ? I am having trouble finding a definitive answer on line.

Out of production for a few years now, not that it probably matters much. I got a new pair of 7x42FL from Zeiss a couple of years ago but made in 2005 and they are as solid as St Peter.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back