• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Mexico sounds (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
One more that I could not really place.

This one is from Percha Dam on April 26. I wrote down that this one was finch-like with strong stripes and probably larger than House Finch (assuming of course that I succeeded in recording the one I looked at).

Any ideas?

Niels

Attachments

• unknown 20130426_135159 edited.mp3
    247.8 KB · Views: 40
Thanks Lisa,
I have trouble listening when viewing the thread in Opera but not in firefox, I do not know if you have a similar problem?

Niels

It sounds like a House Finch to me.

That to some extent makes sense to me, because I just read in the BNA that females sometimes do sing full song. The exception is that I thought the bird was larger and had crisper streaks, but I might have been mistaken.

Thanks
Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back