• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Member saying hello (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Regan

United Kingdom
Hello to all BirdForum members!

By way of introduction, although I do bird and nature watching, my primary passion is astronomy. I’m on the Management Committee of Luton Astronomical Society in the U.K. where I’m the New Member Liaison Officer as well as heading up our binocular section. A major part of my work is introducing children and young adults from deprived backgrounds to astronomy and using it to show the importance of STEP subjects in their education.

For many years I’ve found that BirdForum has some of the best articles and forum discussions about binoculars and for that reason decided that it was finally time to join! By way of reference I have over 20 of the worlds best binoculars in all sizes from companies including Fujinon, Swarovski, Zeiss, Nikon and Vixen, including several rare older models. For the binonerds among you, these include for example a Carl Zeiss Jena Dodecarem and a Swift Audubon fully multi-coated 804 mark 4, both in mint condition, of course! Yes, due to my bino-addiction I have way too many and someday there will have to be a culling, but not today!!

Wishing everyone on the Forum bird filled skies by day and clear starry skies by night.

Jonathan

Hi there Jonathan and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Hi Jonathan and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back