• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Binocular Bargains Thread (21 Viewers)

A couple of affordable used Gitzo tripods in the UK currently, perhaps useful for anyone looking for an upgrade...

Cheers Maljunulo!

How about this - https://rmacleod.co.uk/zeiss-victory-sf-8x42-grey-000101/

Now, on the one hand you could see a brand new sf with full warranty at a significant discount and even better it's in the same grey as the skipper models - if I win the lottery I think a 6x42 dialyt skipper would be pretty much my first purchase.

On the other hand though you have basically a new in box condition old Zeiss sf and not just any sf - this one's the much maligned first generation with the noteworthily (!) shoddy build quality and rainy cloud coloured armour.

It's got the warranty though so its ok right? Well yes but if I bought it I'd want to keep the grey armour which you can pretty much bet they'd change to black if you sent it in for warranty work which would be a shame as I couldn't blur my vision and kid myself i'd bagged myself a skipper!

Last edited:
2 days ago I received Vortex Bantam 6,5x32. I just want to say this is a bargains for $100. In some places you can get it for lower price.
Very good sharpness and less than 1 pound.
Compared to my 11 years old Viper HD 6x32 it has slightly narrower field of view(as well apparant and true) and more glare against bright light sources. But I have hard to see a difference in sharpness and brightness.
For 1/5 of the price it is a bargain.

Bantam 6,5x32(I think it is actually 6x) will be my new backpack and travel binocular.
I have hard to find a better recommendation to friends of a cheap binocular of surprisingly high quality, and I have already recommended it to several of my friends.

I have cut and sanded the eyepiece and successfully increased the useable eye relief with 1,5-2mm. Which was enough to give me that perfect open view with eyeglasses, because the eye lens is unnecessary much recessed.

20231230_205311.jpg

20231230_205414.jpg

20231230_205321.jpg

Last edited:
Clifton Cameras (UK) have 10% and 20% OFF selected Leica binoculars and the Ultravid 8x20 is reduced from the UK RRP of £629 to £503.8.

Offer ends today (sorry just seen it) and it would be rude not to see what all the fuss is about. Ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back