• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Montane Extreme jacket (1 Viewer)

markgriff

markgriff
http://www.montane.co.uk/range/men/extreme/extreme-jacket

Well I think I've found a new friend.....the Montane Extreme jacket. Purchased one of these in the colour olive just before Christmas for winter birding and have been most impressed.

The jacket is insulated with a pile-lining and has a Pertex shell to keep the cold and wind out. The hood is removable and for optimum lightweight comfort and performance it is recommended that it is worn over a fast wicking breathable technical baselayer. *

The Montane Extreme Jacket is sold as being ideally suited to all high activity uses in sustained and extreme cold conditions
Main body*- PERTEX® 6*
Reinforcement*- POLARDRI® Mini-Rip*
Lining*- DRYACTIV® 3000
Specification:
• Active cut with drop tail*
• Large pouch pockets with accessory attachment ring*
• DWR Beardguard lined collar*
• Part elasticated self fabric cuffs with hook and loop adjustment*
• Reinforced elbows*
• Glove attachment loops on forearms
• Removable, fully specified, single hand adjustable, pile-lined hood with wired peak

I tried mine out birding on a cold and blustery day on some coastal birdwatching at temperatures just above freezing. The jacket kept me warm and dry and will certainly be my first choice when going out on cold winter days. This jacket isn't designed as a waterproof and subsequently may not cope with downpours but for freezing days in a hide or out in the elements I would't hesitate to recommend this jacket.

I have the Montane Resolute.(its bigger fixed hood tougher outer material) and its nails. Above minus 10 degrees c dont even think of a base layer or you'll melt.

The pile jacket is a route id recommend whole heartedly. With the salopettes on to, its silly hot. Love 'em.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back