• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Milletts sale (1 Viewer)

Karl J

Found myself in Milletts today looking at their sale stuff

Amongst other things they have Brasher Hillwalker socks - buy one (pair !), get one(pair !) free - which worked out about the same price as the Peter Storm stuff, not that theres anything wrong with Peter Storm gear either

Just got to find some hills to walk up now ;)

Karl J said:

Amongst other things they have Brasher Hillwalker socks - buy one (pair !), get one(pair !) free - which worked out about the same price as the Peter Storm stuff, not that theres anything wrong with Peter Storm gear either

Cheers Karl,

one thing BF'ers like is a bargain. Will look in at Millets tomorrow.

John.

Karl J said:

Sale stuff reduced further! just got 2 Fleeces - £5.99 each reduced from £19.99 each, bargain or what!

John.

graham catley said:
Berghaus Goretex boots at £42:99 today down from £84----lots of walking and liner socks---
pity they don't sell any of the brasher range at £42.00

though berghaus and trezeta boots millets stock are probably just as good :t:

matt

Can't get to a Millets shop at the moment so I've been using their web site where there are web only offers as well as the regular sale.

The site is here

Very pleased with what I've bought so far and they will deliver to a work address.

Just been in Blacks today. Great sale on waterproof jackets, a North face jacket caught my eye - £180 down to £90. Lots of others at or around half price. Shame I'd already spent my jacket money in...... Millets!

aren't millets and blacks both part of the same company ?

think it was about this time last year i got a top-notch berghaus fleece from blacks in Norwich way below the orig price.

In Crawley Millets and Blacks are right next door to each other!!!!!!!!!!

Had a good look round both today.........a few decent items on sale but nothing i was particularly after unfortunately.

Karl J said:
aren't millets and blacks both part of the same company ?

think it was about this time last year i got a top-notch berghaus fleece from blacks in Norwich way below the orig price.
Yes, they're definitely both the same company, catering for slightly different sectors of the market.

As for cheap fleeces - I got a superb Berghaus wind-stopper fleece half-price from Blacks just after Christmas this year! Must be an annual event - watch this space for next year! ;)

I'm that sort of person who's diet is controlled by what's on the Co-op 'buy one get one free' shelf - it's become an obsession !
I've bought great clothing from the Bid up/Price drop TV shopping channels - end of line Regatta duck down & Craghopper jackets for a tenner, Calvin klein undies for pennies.
There's always a sale somewhere - great fleeces from Edinburgh woolen mill for a fiver, Millets current Internet sale - don't know why anyone pays full price for anything.
When I'm out I've got on a base layer, couple of fleeces, Helly hanson goretex coat, goretex boots, gaiters, berghuas hat, silk & fleece gloves, £5 jeans, leggings, coolmax socks - I can charge through brambles with abandon as the whole lot cost less than a decent coat.
I've noticed when I'm out that some people really don't have a clue about keeping warm - Blazer & neatly ironed trousers, no hat, no gloves - nylon pacamacs - or the annoying ones with a really expensive coat, no hat, no gloves, trendy shoes & trousers - I buy my outdoor gear one size (at least) too big (including the boots) so I can get all the under layers & socks on and still have room to trap lots of insulating air.

:hi: Chris it makes me laugh when some people come to our local nature reserves, totally dressed wrongly as you say. Ladies in high heels going down muddy paths especially bring a smile to my face. Often such people arrive usually in a big 4X4 that has never ever been off road in its life!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back