• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Limburg Netherlands - several pics of Spotted Redshank...? (1 Viewer)

Bertus

Netherlands
This morning in national park, peatland, lots of water...

A local birdspotter said this should be Spotted Redshank.

1334, 1336, 1338 breeding
1466 left breeding, right nonbreeding
1469 nonbreeding

Correct? Tnx for advice everyone ..

Attachments

• DSC01334 copy.JPG
    DSC01334 copy.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC01336 copy.JPG
    DSC01336 copy.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01338 copy.JPG
    DSC01338 copy.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01466 copy.JPG
    DSC01466 copy.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC01469 copy.JPG
    DSC01469 copy.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 46
Wow, tnx Viking. A Ruff is quite rare these days, a special bird. They moult here and after they go to Northern Germany, Denmark etc. and breed there, correct? They only forage here, before they spend the winter in Africa, right? Nice, first time, as the Spotted R....

Wow, tnx Viking. A Ruff is quite rare these days, a special bird. They moult here and after they go to Northern Germany, Denmark etc. and breed there, correct? They only forage here, before they spend the winter in Africa, right? Nice, first time, as the Spotted R....
As far as I know Ruff don't breed in Denmark or if they do it's a rare occurrence these days. I think they breed further north and east

Yeah, they like very cold climate to breed apparently. And winter in Africa.
I got this map from Wikipedia: 1714318642344.png

Range of P. pugnax
Yellow = Breeding summer visitor
Green = Present all year
Blue = Non-breeding range in winter

Not sure if that is correct. Here they come with more information:

tnx again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back