• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lanzarote base? (1 Viewer)

Will depend if you have access to a car.

If yes then its relatively easy to travel from one end to another - I have always stayed in the Puerto del Carmen area.

I’ve only been once and we stayed in Playa Blanca. We had an inexpensive hire car which took us everywhere we needed to get to.
We did a special guided trip through the desert with Eco Insider, that produced some smashing birds

I’ve only been once and we stayed in Playa Blanca. We had an inexpensive hire car which took us everywhere we needed to get to.
We did a special guided trip through the desert with Eco Insider, that produced some smashing birds

That pretty much is the exact same experience as me. Im sure the guided trip could be replicated on your own but you’d need off road capability

Spending €100 on the trip in a Land Rover meant we only needed to hire the cheapest small car available.
The “safari” is very straightforward but 4 wheel drive and lots of ground clearance required

I hired the cheapest smallest car I could and saw all possible birds multiple times without any problems. The Coursers were harder to find than Bustards, at least on my visit. We chose where to stay entirely independently of birding priorities as the island isn't that big.

It’s also possible to day trip Fuerteventura from Playa Blanca . I did that in 2016 in a hire car mainly for the Stonechat but it was worthwhile just to see the Island. Wasn’t expensive at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back