• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

KB57's 2019 list (1 Viewer)

21st November, near Cramlington, Northumberland

On private farmland for a work visit - good numbers of species like linnet, skylark and tree sparrow feeding on fallow areas, and above average rainfall leading to a lot of surface water. Can't believe it's taken this long to add goldcrest to my year list, at the edge of a mixed plantation. The second addition was totally unexpected - anticipating but failing to flush a common snipe as I walked through wet field margins, near the end of my visit I thought I'd succeeded...but it dropped silently a few metres in front of me. Flushed it again, getting a better view of bill, tail and wings, then let it be.

328. Goldcrest
329. Jack Snipe

3rd December: Brogborough, Bedfordshire

Work visit again providing my main opportunity to add to the year list- another widespread species I thought I might end up missing out on this year.

330. Redwing

31st December: near Cramlington, Northumberland

Back at work for the morning, hoping and failing to add grey partridge to my year list - first year it's been absent I think since I got back into birding...
I did see both common and jack snipe, the latter one field away from the November sighting, and possibly the same individual - how many spend time undetected on stubble fields on private land? Anyway, a great view in morning sunshine, after I almost stepped on it!

Warkworth saltmarsh & beach, Northumberland

The final addition to my year list, connecting with a flock of 28 at a site which has proved reliable in the past.

331. Twite

Bar-tailed godwit, curlew, red-throated diver and sanderling made for a nice end to the decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back