• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iraq - June (1 Viewer)

Gretchen

My husband has been seeing a lot of raptors while taking walks in a valley. We are in the northernmost part of Iraq (western Kurdistan) and this picture is from this past week. Getting pictures with his phone hasn't been easy, but I thought this might be pretty easy to identify. It looks to me like an Egyptian Vulture, which is pretty new for us. What do you think?

Attachments

• vulture vid.mov
    9.3 MB
  • vulture pic.jpeg
    vulture pic.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 44
Thank you! The coloring is quite clear (therefore a 3cy I guess) which made me more confident, but still I wanted to be sure before putting it up on ebird. I may put up some less clear pictures in coming days and see if you can help with those too.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back