• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

in and around south tyneside (1 Viewer)

Iberian Chiffchaff found by Andrew Kinghorn down Blue House Lane at Boldon Flats mid-morning. Still showing very well and singing frequently when I left at 11.30. The song has subtle variations but is a spot-on match for known definite Iberian Chiffs. A first for the county!

Mark

The Iberian Chiffchaff as above..

A70U7583.jpgA70U7584.jpg

Paul.

Blue-headed Wagtails

As a side-dish to the Iberian Chiffchaff, there were 7 Yellow Wagtails, 2 of them Blue-headed in the corner horse field at Boldon Flats this evening.

Whinchat

Female Whinchat, South Cleadon early morning. Along hedgeline, along footpath between Moor Lane and Spuggies Arch. Was flushed by couple of dogs, and I couldn't relocate it at the time.

Spuggies arch

Where's "Spuggies Arch" Paul?

NZ384606

Takes the footpath under the metro line about 1/2 km east of the Greyhound Stadium.

Report that this evening a Whinchat was seen at the SAFC Academy, so there's definitely one or two about. SAFC probably the best option I would think as it's a more regular site for Whinchat this time of year.

Found a GSW nest in very safe (walled garden with barbed wire on top), hidden (nest hole in ivy) location, whilst walking the dog last night. Heard the young ones getting fed and thought it maybe Blue/Great Tits. Saw a GSW and thought this could be interesting and then one bird left the nest hole and the other one popped in with food.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back