• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Identify Owl (1 Viewer)

JonDD

United Kingdom
Hi all.
I have posted the attached video on my local clubs chat. It has caused much debate and a little disagreement.
The footage was taken today at approx 1530hrs on Thorney Island West Sussex UK.
I would be grateful if folks could make suggestions as to what you think the bird is.
I’m fairly sure I know what it is but won’t say so as not to influence.
Many Thanks in advance.
Jonathan

View attachment IMG_9098.MOV

Nothing there I’m afraid

Hi all.
I have posted the attached video on my local clubs chat. It has caused much debate and a little disagreement.
I would be grateful if folks could make suggestions as to what you think the bird is.
Many Thanks in advance.
Jonathan

View attachment 1374098

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

It looks like your video hasn't uploaded.

It is a barn owl.

The video is in the .mov format, some browsers will play it some will not. If you download it it will play.

Can't see it sadly.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi all.
Many Thanks in advance.
Jonathan
Try Dropbox link below it you can’t see the video.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qon78jg2jj8jrgi/Identify bird.mov?dl=0

View attachment IMG_9117.mp4

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back