• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Id? (1 Viewer)

seggs

Alrite!
Seen one or two of these around a local patch today not much idea really with flying insects.

Attachments

• tn_damselfy.jpg
    tn_damselfy.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 81
Think you may have a white legged damselfly there. Recently emerged immature specimen (or teneral) but could also be an immature common blue, but I would sway towards the former. Were you near a river or a canal as that is the preferred habitat for the white legged?
regards and waiting for someone to prove me totally wrong as I am just getting to know dragon and damselflies.

Jono

Bit 'late in the day' for a white leg to be emerging i would have thought? My best guess would be a common blue....?

I missed this one before - no photo came up! It is a very recently emerged male Common Blue. The thorax markings can just be made out if you look very closely, and there are no dark markings on the eight and ninth abdomenal segments.

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back