• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How's your 2021 list going? (3 Viewers)

Upon further review, I have a heard-only bird to add from vacation in Blackwater Falls State Park, West Virginia.
119. Hermit Thrush

Popped across the border to Rax in Austria at the weekend. Didn't get much in the way of exciting Alpine species, but I did add a few birds that were easy in Sweden, but very difficult now I live in Hungary.

182. Garden Warbler
183. Eurasian Wryneck
184. Grey-headed Woodpecker
185. European Honey Buzzard
186. Red Kite
187. Willow Tit
188. Water Pipit
189. Red Crossbill
190. Golden Eagle
191. White-throated Dipper

I was on a bike trip (car/bike) to Utah, Idaho, Oregon plus a few birds spotted from car, and a magpie ina gas station in Montana. Though I had seen two before that rather distant. Wrentit and scrub jay were lifers. The Lazuli Bunting was an eBird lifer, as i had seen it once 15 years ago. Still need it from Western Nebraska for state.
187​
Lark Bunting
1​
188​
Swainson's Hawk
1​
189​
Black-chinned Hummingbird
1​
190​
California Gull
191​
Brewer's Blackbird
192​
Lazuli Bunting
2​
193​
Eared Grebe
4​
194​
Black-necked Stilt
195​
Common Raven
3​
196​
Black-billed Magpie
1​
197​
California Quail
1​
198​
Western Wood-Pewee
3​
199​
Steller's Jay
200​
California Scrub-Jay
201​
Violet-green Swallow
202​
Wrentit
3​
203​
Golden-crowned Kinglet
1​
204​
Lesser Goldfinch
1​

August 15: Englewood Metropark
90 minutes of birding got me 4 year birds, 3 new Ohio birds, and 1 lifer:

120. Herring Gull (I know it's August 15, DO NOT LAUGH;))
121. Double-crested Cormorant (Ohio Bird #123)
122. Solitary Sandpiper
123. Lesser Yellowlegs (Ohio Bird #125)

My other Ohio lifer was Green Heron (#124)

Last edited:
(Drive to work)
373. Spot-breasted Oriole

(Lucky Hammock)
374. Northern Bobwhite
375. Alder Flycatcher
376. Louisiana Waterthrush

This is the time of year when shorebirds start moving through on their way south. Today I saw a regional rarity that has been present for almost a week.

311. Short-billed Dowitcher

Dave

Hard to believe, but early fall migrants are starting to trickle in. From among several species of migrating warblers I picked out a new bird for the year.

312. Cape May Warbler

Although Cape May Warblers are possible in the spring in this area, I almost always find my first one in the fall.

Dave

Picked up an (overdue) lifer at the weekend in Hortobagy National Park:

192. Long-legged Buzzard

Supporting cast of Imperial Eagle, Red-footed Falcons and a Roller (none of which were year ticks).

I've been playing catch-up on my year list since the spring. Last night I got another species that I usually see well before now:

193. Tawny Owl

About one hour ago, flying over my house:

124. Common Nighthawk

I always see nighthawks in the fall for some reason, even though they migrate through here in the spring.

Fall migration is picking up. I found an early fall migrant this morning.

314. Philadelphia Vireo

Dave

Last edited:
(Weekend in Sarasota, added some year birds but dipped on 2 potential lifers)
382. Summer Tanager
383. Blackburnian Warbler
384. Orchard Oriole
385. Common Tern

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back