• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

how common are red kites in ne wales? (1 Viewer)

bartolli

Just wondering if anyone can give any pointers on how common they are in NE Wales, as I saw my first one in the area today?
Ta.

I remember before all the Introductory programmes we had here to increase their numbers
The first red kites i saw were in 1976 in borth and lampeter in wales if you asked me then how rare they were or how common they were I would have no problem with telling yer they were very rare but now i would think that they are makeing a comeback where you mentioned in wales so not so much rare anymore just hope folk can leave them in peace there not getting that in the highlands of scotland being badly persecuted there at present.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back