• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hortobagyi (or nother site in another country) in november..? (2 Viewers)

The Kingfisher

I would like to take a 2 weeks trip to a good birding area in November (in Europe). An area with many species to see would be nice. I know that November is late, but are there any really good birding spots at that time? How about Hortobagyi in Hungary? Po delta in Italy? Or some area in south of Spain? Maybe the area around Cagliari in Italy could be a great choice?

My four weeks of vacation is going to be in late september to early october (not november as I thought earlier).

I think it is a better time to visit Hortobagy than in november, but maybe still a little late?! Many species seems to have left Hortobagy already in august. What do you say..is it worth the effort to drive from Sweden thru Poland and Slovakia to Hortobagy at this time of the year?

I have now booked a room in Hortobagy (central) for the last ten days of september. I still feel that it may be too late for really good birding. Maybe Spain (south of Spain, Ebro-delta or Mallorca) would be better, with more species?!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back