• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Holiday turkey october (1 Viewer)

Hi all, i will most likely be going to Turkey this fall, somewhere in october. Does anyone have any recommendations for good spots to plan a trip to? We will be staying for a week and will want to rent a car. Thanks!

If it’s a family holiday - Antalya, Muğla region (Dalyan, Fethiye etc) and Bodrum are all good for birding or within easy distance of good sites. Otherwise there are a huge number of places around the country (including Istanbul) for great birding.

If it’s a family holiday - Antalya, Muğla region (Dalyan, Fethiye etc) and Bodrum are all good for birding or within easy distance of good sites. Otherwise there are a huge number of places around the country (including Istanbul) for great birding.
Hey Angus, it’s pretty much a hardcore birding trip with a friend of mine. We want to see as many species as possible including brown fish owl

Hey Angus, it’s pretty much a hardcore birding trip with a friend of mine. We want to see as many species as possible including brown fish owl
Hi Glenn,
The Fish Owl is difficult at the moment apparently. I have Soner Bekirs contact details if you want a guide- he seems to be the the go-to person for the owl plus he has a huge amount of knowledge about current sites for speciality birds.

There is also this thread with lots of useful. Information.

Hi Glenn,
The Fish Owl is difficult at the moment apparently. I have Soner Bekirs contact details if you want a guide- he seems to be the the go-to person for the owl plus he has a huge amount of knowledge about current sites for speciality birds.

There is also this thread with lots of useful. Information.
Hi Angus, can you send the contact details to [email protected]? thanks! appreciate the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back