• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hiya from Croton-on-Hudson, NY (1 Viewer)

Allimar

Hi folks:

Came across the forum in my search for info on the Carolina Wrens which nested in my hanging begonia pot on the porch. Seems like a nice place; think I'll stick around :)

As for me, I live next to the Teatown Reservation, a nature preserve here in NY. Consequently, it's like Wild Kingdom here. From deer to chipmunks to coyotes, black and garter snakes, frogs and turtles of all sorts, not to mention birds of all sizes and colors, it's a never ending parade of wildlife. And half of them seem to think our place is a great place to have kids. The Wrens in my begonia, the deer who had her fawn behind our backyard a few weeks ago, the snapping turtle who laid her eggs in my flower bed...I'm about to put everyone in the house in a chastity belt, including the cats!

Alli

Hubby came across a couple of fox kits the other day and I am SO jealous. Haven't seen any fox myself.

Hi Alli,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to have you on board :t:

Sounds wonderful where you are!

Hi Alli and a warm welcome from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to more of your contributions.

D

Hi Alli,

A very warm welcome from Norfolk.

Sounds like you live in a great location, with so much wildlife on your doorstep.

interesting what you said about the foxes, no matter how much you see, there is always something else to see or you want to see.

All the best Nigel

Last edited:
Hey Alli

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back