• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi everyone. Can anyone identify this bird? (1 Viewer)

ckam888

United States
On a trip to Florida, we visited an aviary. My wife took a picture of this bird, but we seemed to have lost the identification. I don't think this one is native to the states, but honestly, I just don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Craig
B_03.JPG

Odd how there are endless threads on Gaza, Ukraine, Trump , immigration, trans issues , Left & Right politics but a member can't ask about a bird because it's not wild.

Odd how there are endless threads on Gaza, Ukraine, Trump , immigration, trans issues , Left & Right politics but a member can't ask about a bird because it's not wild.
You've been a member long enough to know that those threads you talk about are in a subscription only area called Ruffled Feathers - they are not on general view.

You have also been here long enough to know that we do not discuss captive birds, or animals. The only garden plants discussed are in the Gardening for Birds section.

Please help to keep Birdforum Wild.

A sticky on opening the ID Forum

A sticky in the Site Notice Board Forum

So it isn't 'odd' at all.

New members should be politely and kindly advised of the rules if they miss those posts.

Ok. Sorry. Is there a forum for captive birds?
It's OK ckam. However, one reason we don't like to have captive birds posted for ID, is that we've no idea of the history of the bird. It could have been cross-bred and the actual location of the wild siting can be essential to getting a definitive ID. There are also many other forums available for those interested in captive birds.

The best place to ask about the identity, if you have any more images from that zoo, that you can't identify, is to go directly to the zoo and ask them, maybe send them an email.

May I now welcome you to Birdforum on behalf of all the Staff here. I look forward to hearing your news and hope we may be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery, if you saw some birds in the wild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back