• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with this ID from Chapada dos Guimeraes, Mato Grosso, Brazil (1 Viewer)

arodris

Hi,

Continuing with my doubts on some birds from Chapada dos Guimeraes, Brazil, I add here a picture of a bird taken also in the Pousada do Parque, August 18th.

Thanks

Attachments

• Bird_001.jpg
    Bird_001.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 30
It's a thrush. Difficult to be sure of colours but since bill is all-dark suggest cocoa thrush (rather than pale-breasted)

Hi again,

I would appreciate some help to identify some other thrushes from Chapada dos Guimeraes (at Pousada do Parque), Brazil. All pictures were taken on August 18-19th. In addition, I have increased the magnification of the first pic, to see better the details (first picture here). The two last pictures are from the same bird.

Thanks,

Antonio

Attachments

• Turdus-sp_000.jpg
    Turdus-sp_000.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Turdus-sp_001.jpg
    Turdus-sp_001.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 9
  • Turdus-sp_002.jpg
    Turdus-sp_002.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Turdus-sp_003.jpg
    Turdus-sp_003.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Turdus-sp_004.jpg
    Turdus-sp_004.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 9
Those with yellowish bills and (sometimes visible) reddish eye rings are pale-breasted thrush. Those with dark bills are cocoa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back