• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help.wing tagged raptor scotland. (1 Viewer)

mags1967

saw this guy today not great images as only had a few moments and to far away.my first thought was harrier then female buzzard then red kite but i dont know only ever see buzzard here but this one had a white tag.hope some of you more knowledgable guys can spot something from these images.taken today motherwell scotland.thank you all in advance if you see something to id.margaret.

Attachments

• raptor 2.JPG
    raptor 2.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 186
  • raptor.JPG
    raptor.JPG
    484.6 KB · Views: 138
  • New_1_DSCF8235.JPG
    New_1_DSCF8235.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 157
  • New_1_DSCF8237.JPG
    New_1_DSCF8237.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 160
who plays safe in birding.you will not lose your house or family from your opinions on poor pics.thank you so far on id.i went down to this place today specifically for a sighting of a wing tagged white tailed sea eagle all i found was possibly a red kite but i swing towards buzzard from my few minutes with seeing and trying to capture it.met a few better birders better than i and we stayed around me for about 4hours no other sighting.plenty buzzards and kestrel but no wing tagged larger raptor.hope i get a better pic but from your general comments i thought buzzard so will need to look into wing tagging of these raptors.someone saw 31 white&black tag.thank you on any info you know.margaret.

Last edited:
Margaret,

There's a couple of buzzard tagging projects run by the Central Scotland Raptor Study Group - you can contact them via the Scottish Raptor Study Group website - I suspect it is a buzzard and they are the most likely source of wing tagged birds in your area.

cheers, Andrew

The bird in picture 4 is a red kite , the colour and posture while perched says it all .

Ashley

thank you all.have sent a message to scottish raptor group with the details i know.thank you andrew.will let you know if they send a reply or not.thank you all again for your comments much appreciated.margaret.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back