• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Colorado. (1 Viewer)

tenex

reality-based
Sorry, I'm new here and mistakenly posted a long message here meant for another subforum, So anyway... hello!

By the way, where are settings for signatures etc? I don't see them in Profile.

Last edited:
Hi Tenex and a warm welcome from me too.

There are a few restrictions placed on new members, which you can read more about here. I hope you understand the reasons for this action.

The time will soon pass, I'm sure.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Thanks for changing the title.

This forum differs from others I've used, so I have a couple of questions (feel free to just point me to an instructions page). At the bottom of a message, what do the two unlabeled buttons to the right of QUOTE do? And is DELETE ever an option, even for a short time?

Last edited:
Thanks for changing the title.

This forum differs from others I've used, so I have a couple of questions (feel free to just point me to an instructions page). At the bottom of a message, what do the two unlabeled buttons to the right of QUOTE do? And is DELETE ever an option, even for a short time?

Hi Tenex

The two buttons you're looking at; one is used to reply to multiple posts in a thread. Simply click on the button for each post you want to reply to (they'll turn red), then click on the yellow Post Reply button on the LHS, All the posts you selected will then be in the message pane, so you can place your reply between each one.

The other one (the down arrow) is just a quick way to get to the Quick Reply pane if you're near the top of the thread.

You can delete and edit posts for up to 24 hours. You cannot delete a thread though. You would need to contact a Moderator to edit a post after 24 hours and also to delete a thread but that's not always possible.

tenex said:
(feel free to just point me to an instructions page)

At the top of the screen are a load of tabs, the last of which is ?, there you will find the answers to a lot of your questions, but never be afraid to ask.

Hi again.

The quote tab is in case someone, replying to a post of yours or you replying to someone else's post enables them to click on the quote tab of the post they're replying to.

I believe you have up to 24 hours to edit your post. I'll have to double check on that though ;) If you cannot delete a post, you can PM one of the mods and they can delete it for you. I hope this helps.

I've been through the help section now, thanks. One last question: there's a green or blue ball at the lower left of each message, what's that for?

I've been through the help section now, thanks. One last question: there's a green or blue ball at the lower left of each message, what's that for?
That's to tell others if you are online or not. When it lights up green, that member is online.

Hello Tenex and welcome. What part of Colorado are you from then? I've family living in the Springs and IMHO, one of the nicest States you can live it.

Di

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back