• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawk In My Back Garden On Lawn & Fence? UK (1 Viewer)

bluenose63

United Kingdom
Not seen this in my back garden before, took me by surprise and hunting around for phone, so not the best quality

Thinks its a hawk (possibly Peregrine)? but would like confirmation as never seen one on the ground before

Untitled2.jpg

Hi bluenose and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. You have a Eurasian Sparrowhawk there. This proves that you have a good population of small garden birds in your area too.

You can read more about this species here in our Opus encyclopaedia section: Eurasian Sparrowhawk - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi bluenose and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. You have a Eurasian Sparrowhawk there. This proves that you have a good population of small garden birds in your area too.

You can read more about this species here in our Opus encyclopaedia section: Eurasian Sparrowhawk - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thanks for that, as I said never seen a hawk bouncing around the lawn before, took me by surprise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back