• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Havergate Island Suffolk- access? (1 Viewer)

jimbob

Still 23 Spoonbills on the island along with good numbers of Avocet- would be worth a visit. Does anyone have any info on reserve opening times and access to the island, presumably by boat?
Cheers, Jim.

There are regular boat trips around the island from Orford Quay. I don't think you can actually see onto the island but I'd have thought there'd be a decent chance of them being on the river. I occasionally take the boat over to Orford Spit for fishing and have seen Spoonbills a couple of times. Otherwise you can walk along the seawall from Orford Quay and take a chance from there.

Phil

I wanted to visit but there are several steps to climb when getting on or off the boat. These can be slippery depending on the tide situation. Good luck.

dave

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back