• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from (currently) cloudy Warwickshire! (1 Viewer)

ewephoria

United Kingdom
Hello!

I am really new to photography, however I have been into birding and bats since I was little, well little-er... Really looking forward to making some friends and learning from the more experienced birders and photographers here!

My main goal is to be decent enough photographer to help people understand why we need to love and protect our bird species, especially in the UK. I have lived here for roughly 10 years (since coming for uni) and have developed such love for the birds calling Britain their home/temporary home. Really just want to spread some wholesomeness and encourage people of all ages to stop and enjoy the wildlife around :)!! Any advice and tips are greatly appreciated!

Here is one of my very first pictures! I know it is terrible and the angle is not right! A lot to be desired still...View attachment P4060030.jpg

Welcome to Birdforum from a very sunny Hampshire! I hope you enjoy your visits.

We have a Gallery where you can upload three of your photos within a 24 hour period. Lovely capture of the swan.

Hi, welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site and feel free to join in where ever you wish.
Lovely photo of the swan preening.
Feel free to upload to the BF gallery (y)
cheers,
Andy
Thank you kindly, so far I have been looking around, some very interesting topics!

Welcome to Birdforum from a very sunny Hampshire! I hope you enjoy your visits.

We have a Gallery where you can upload three of your photos within a 24 hour period. Lovely capture of the swan.
Gosh I hope I get some sunny whether here on a weekend or another time that I am not at work. I did try my hand of taking a picture of the rain with long exposure, however I think I am far too new to this it looked terrible!

Thanks, I shall post some of them there when I have a few more decent ones.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Lovely photo of the Swan.

Hi ewephoria and a warm welcome from me too. There really is nothing wrong with that photo. It shows the young swan's plumage beautifully, as well as how he preens. Pictures of young birds showing some behaviour, are equally as valuable here as those of the traditional "pin sharp" male bird standing in profile pose, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi ewephoria and a warm welcome from me too. There really is nothing wrong with that photo. It shows the young swan's plumage beautifully, as well as how he preens. Pictures of young birds showing some behaviour, are equally as valuable here as those of the traditional "pin sharp" male bird standing in profile pose, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
Thank you, it has made me smile how welcoming people are, it does make my little introverted self smile! This photo was for the BirdTrack project, thought it might be good this year with the camera to add some visuals aside from just notes and observations.

I am going down to Dorset and Cornwall next week so certainly I hope to take some pictures and shall share some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back