• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji Finepix S2 Pro (dSLR) (1 Viewer)

Christoph

Hi there,
i work since 1 1/2 Month with my new S2 and til now I'm almost happy. I found out almost any day something new, i like it even more.
So if any of you has question about it, just ask, I may can help you.

Regards,
Christoph

Okay, Christoph, can I have your camera? You said we could ask any question! 3:)

But really, thank you for your offer to assist.

hi i am using this s2 pro now for almost 1 year and i like it also a lot. i took some nice pictures with it and just posted them in the gallery.
so if someone has any questions just ask christoph or me.

:t:

Hi to you both !!!

I currently own a couple of Nikon lenses that I used to use with my Nikon F801 (before totally converting to digital via the Coolpix 4500). One lens is a 100-300mm F4 Tokina autofocus and the other is one of the old 'huge and very heavy' 600mm F5.6 IFED manual focus. I've heard the S2 is compatible with more Nikon lenses than the Nikon D100 (which I think is only compatible with the newer AF-D lenses. What lenses do you both use with it ?
I'm hoping to get myself a DSLR in the not so distant future (when the S3 ? is released and there are a few affordable ones on the 2nd hand market) so I can once again use my lenses.
Thanks for any replies.

Paul.

;)
the s2 pro can use the same lenses as the nikon d100. both camera's are based on the nikon F80 body. (download a brochure of the f80 and you have got your list of lenses which you can use.
on the s2 you can use S type lenses and VR lenses.
the tokina would be no problem the other lens would not work very well on both camera's because the light measurement system does not work with this one nore the auto modes.
i f you want to use this nice lens you should buy a nikon dx1 which can work with this lens.

the s3 is not planned this year as far as i know, in my country (holland 0 the prices of the s2 pro just has been reduced to RRP 1999€ ex sales tax. a lot off shops sell it for less.

rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back