• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji Finepix 6900 (1 Viewer)

CJW

Hit-and-run WUM
I'm thinking of buying one of these. I'll also be upgrading my scope later in the year (probably a Swarovski or a Leica). Is the camera any good for digiscoping? I'm not fond of these external viewscreens that are all the rage and I know this camera is TTL.

i would go for the newer model the s602 camera. the focus is better, the lcd is sharper, the sharness better and the colors are better. also there is less noise with iso 400.
at eagle eye optics they even have an scope adapter for it.

good luck with your choice

rob van keulen :cool:

Thanks Rob, but I followed the crowd in the end and got a Nikon Coolpix4500 - and very good it is too.

Yes I agree Rob - I'm saving now to buy a Swarovski ATS 80HD. The scope I've got at the moment is a Kowa TS-1 and it is 25 years old (not really up to the task of digiscoping).

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back