• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EO Kingbird v Raven (1 Viewer)

As far as I can see it is the same photo. Note the focus and diopter ring positions and the reflections. Just a change of label. I can't spot any difference in the descriptions. I suggest you give them a call before paying an extra $35.

It might be page marking. It's sibling the Leupold Yosemite is getting a facelift about now so it could be there is a parallel change on the way.

New look Yosemite:
http://swfa.com/Leupold-6x30-BX-1-Yosemite-Binocular-P48061.aspx

David

Kingbird: http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/eagle-optics/eagle-optics-kingbird-6-5x32-binocular

Raven: http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/eagle-optics/eagle-optics-raven-6-5x32-binocular

I already have a pair of Ravens, but was thinking of getting one as a gift. Just not sure I see any differences between these two binos. Anyone? Ben?

Hi Michelle,
It's the same binocular, just a name change. I believe there was a trademark issue with the Raven name, hence the change.
Cheers,
Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

Hi Michelle,
It's the same binocular, just a name change. I believe there was a trademark issue with the Raven name, hence the change.
Cheers,
Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

Ben,
You have been using the "Raven" name for quite a while now. I have a couple of your old roof prism "Platinum Ravens." 6 x 32 and 10 x 32 (you discontinued the 10 x 32 shortly after I got one.) The 6 x 32 is real good!
Bob

Ben,
You have been using the "Raven" name for quite a while now. I have a couple of your old roof prism "Platinum Ravens." 6 x 32 and 10 x 32 (you discontinued the 10 x 32 shortly after I got one.) The 6 x 32 is real good!
Bob

Let me take that back. I believe that they were called "Platinum Ranger," not Raven! My Bad!|:x| But they are real good-made in Japan!
Bob

Last edited:
Ben,
Bob

`Get thee shelves emptied at the Middleton, Wisconsin store!
Leave not my name as a token of that trademark my soul hath taken!
Leave my reputation unbroken! - and place "Kingbird" on the nameplate I once wore!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take my name off my center hinge door!'
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore. Nevermore."

David Allan Coe

`Get thee shelves emptied at the Middleton, Wisconsin store!
Leave not my name as a token of that trademark my soul hath taken!
Leave my reputation unbroken! - and place "Kingbird" on the nameplate I once wore!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take my name off my center hinge door!'
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore. Nevermore."

David Allan Coe

I see the making of a great ad campaign here....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back