• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elements 7 & Raw 40D & 50D different results (1 Viewer)

falconer2406

I will try and explain this as simply as possible. I use elements 7 as does a mate. I have a 50D he has a 40D we both shoot in raw.
We both capture files direct from the mem card via the supplied camera lead.
Files are shown as .CR2
With his elements he can (and has shown me) pull raw .CR2 files into elements and open them into a raw editor this brings up the histogram and various sliders to edit the photo.
When i try and do the same elements tells me no files were imported as they are not in a recognisable format but they show as .CR2
Is there anyone out there that can offer an explanation as it sure is beating the hell out of the two of us......

I don't know for certain but I thought you needed to download a plugin from Adobe to be able to handle raw.

Certainly you do on my elements 5.

Have a look at the Adobe site.

I am not an expert on computers and am willing to be shot down on this. did the 50D come out after the introduction of elements 7? if so this could very well be the reason. the 40D is an older model and there fore elements has been p robes med for this model. Please be nice when you shoot me down kind regards. Mike

You will need to use at least version 4.6 of the Adobe Camera RAW plugin to provide support for the .CR2 files from the 50D. For Elements 7, the latest version you can use is 5.6. Here is a link to the Adobe download:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4624

Then just follow the installation instructions.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks all, Im trying the download that Chris has recommended and will report back.

Keith

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back