• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Easy Bird Quizzes (1 Viewer)

naturistbird

Where can I locate an easy bird quiz on the web? I had earlier logged onto good one showing birds found in Sheffield birder's garden. Sadly, I now can't remember how I got there! Can anyone help??

Sorry....forgot to mention it was multiple choice...and you could choose whether to use sounds, photos or both. I had just got my sad score up from 5/10 to 8/10 so am keen to carry on until 100%( or thereabouts).

I tried the quiz you mentioned, Keith. I think the quizzes will help this "yank" to become familiar with some of the birds across the pond. I have "bookmarked" this quiz on our computer. I also "bookmarked" the one suggested by naturistbird.

The Bavarian birds site looks good...have tried a few... and certainly OK!!!
Thanks to you, Keith.
Does anyone know of any more????

the ex beeb sub forum have had quizzes in the past- you could always go and browse some of them (not all necessarily easy tho . . ;))

If you want to test yourself (eg to improve your birding skills), you can always go to the bird identification q and a forum here on BF as well. As you start scrolling down through all the threads, you can look at the first post of each and look at the photo (usually) posted which someone wants help with. Half the time it may be some mega rare or difficult or foreign species, but often it will be something closer to home you can have a stab at before seeing what everyone else thinks and hopefully learn a lot from the whole experience. . You could choose from the title threads those you think most relevant to yourself and your id skill level, or choose a particular bird family and go for all those to get more familiar with them.

Hours of endless fun . . . ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back