• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Day off (1 Viewer)

You cant start a birding blog with a post saying you've done no birding today can you? I am. I'm sat on my fat backside after work and i can't be bothered to move. In all fairness to myself yesterday I spent the afternoon at Titchwell Safari Park and tomorrow I am going to start my escapades in ringing at flamborough head. Hard core I ain't

Down at Titchwell I had a pleasant afternoon gaining a few crap year ticks:-Knot, R-t Diver and Gypo Goose. I know they are all lame and I really should have gone to see the Gypo goose at Tophill Low earlier this year for my Yorkshire list but frankly they are feral cack. Did get some nice close views of Dunlin & Ruff in all shapes and sizes on the freshmarsh (one sec-The Klaxons just came on MTV2 and im nodding my head, sweet). Some summer plumage Grey/Black-bellied/Gray Ploverage was cool as was my call of a light phase Arctic Skua in a group of 20 seawatching (the only bird past in an hour-rubbish). The latter was only cool because some prat was dissing my id skills (minimal) when his mates shouted him down. And his hair was crap. Skua looked good! Wind was rubbish so virtually no passerines either. A little egret over was my first since Janvier. Good knows how ive avoided them. Incidentally I have now cast a hoodoo against the horse trials that elongated my journey along the A1. Right royal pains.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back