• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Darts (1 Viewer)

Nerine

I always get in a muddle with darts. I am sure about Great Dart (no.1) I think I'm right with White-line Dart (no.2) With the third I'm stuck.
All caught in the trap a week ago. Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Nerine

Attachments

• Great Dart 5 aug.jpg
    Great Dart 5 aug.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 61
  • White-line Dart I think 5 Aug.jpg
    White-line Dart I think 5 Aug.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 46
  • dont know 5 Aug.jpg
    dont know 5 Aug.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 60
Nerine

Not my subject really as Darts just don't seem to occur locally but FWIW my views are:- Great Dart (you can just about make out the ridiculous antennae in the photo); White-line Dart; and Gardent Dart (a decent likeness to number 11 on Plate 24 of Skinner - 3rd edition - finally upgraded my library!).

All the best

Paul Chapman

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back