• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CYPRUS 2013 (news,sightings and reports) (1 Viewer)

Mick Sway

United Kingdom
Just thought I'd start this thread off to encourage birders to put their Cyprus news in one place.
Hope it's not too much of an imposition.
I'm sure that many of us are interested in Cyprus birding news.
Best
Mick

Just thought I'd start this thread off to encourage birders to put their Cyprus news in one place.
Hope it's not too much of an imposition.
I'm sure that many of us are interested in Cyprus birding news.
Best
Mick

Good luck Mick, hope it works.

Good idea Mick. Think it may be because birdlifecyprus gives regular updates.

They have a dedicated hotline too to phone if you are there. But would still be interested to read about any updates.

Plenty of crakes, flycatchers, Rollers, Golden Orioles, pipits etc now being reported. 50 RF Falcons at Anarita Park on 23rd April must have been a sight!

Info gleaned form BirdlifeCyprus website.

My mate rang me the other day to say they had a huge fall of passerines, and this included an Olive Tree Warbler, just a few feet from him and Colin Richardson

Just returned this morning from a "working" holiday in Paphos, most of the time was spent doing much needed maintenance on the bungalow so no real birding. However, had a male Red Footed Falcon fly over, plus a Short Eared Owl being harried by 2 Hooded Crows and a Nightingale singing from a tree at the bottom of the site.

Shane

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back