• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colared or Black-winged pratincole (1 Viewer)

Gerdzhikov

Hello

I found this two pictures in my archive. Pictures were taken on 28.05.2013 close to Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Habitat is rice field and pictures were taken in Collared Pratincole's collony.

Pictures are not corrected in photoshop. this are original photos

Thank you very much

Best regards

Georgi

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 157
hi, it certainly looks like a black-winged! but i would like to see its upperparts too. apart from blackish underwing coverts, red on bill seems limited and black lore seems to be broad n front of the eye but all these are a bit hard to judge from these photos. any upperwing shot gerdzhikov?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back