• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cleethorpes to Tetney (1 Viewer)

Neil Kurz

Hi all,
Good day weather-wise Sunday, 25th April. Set off from Cleethorpes along sea front and saw not a lot, but overall, not bad:-
Meridian car park - Whitethroats - 2
Tetney marsh - fem. Hen Harrier and cuckoo (song and flight)
Tetney Haven sluice gates - pair of Common Sandpipers

Hi Nipper

Did you have a good look at the female Hen Harrier ? Late April it is just as likely to be a Montagu's Harrier, and one has been reported at Messingham, not too far away from you.

Cheers
Steve

Re Hen Harrier

Steve Lister said:
Hi Nipper

Did you have a good look at the female Hen Harrier ? Late April it is just as likely to be a Montagu's Harrier, and one has been reported at Messingham, not too far away from you.

Cheers
Steve
Thanks for that, Steve, sorry for the late reply. The depth of her wings and number of fingers still lean me towards a hen harrier.
Nipper

Sorry Steve, still getting the feel of this layout. In case you didn't get my earlier attempt to reply, I thought the depth of her wings and number of 'fingers' still leans me towards a hen harrier.

Nipper said:
Sorry Steve, still getting the feel of this layout. In case you didn't get my earlier attempt to reply, I thought the depth of her wings and number of 'fingers' still leans me towards a hen harrier.

Hi Nipper,

The Montagu's Harrier at Messingham was a female, I saw it along with a few more birders.

Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back