• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chirk (1 Viewer)

Di Stone

We're off to Chirk for the Bank Holiday weekend and was wondering about good sites/areas to travel too.

Many thanks

Di

Hi Di

Check out this website about a reserve near Ellesmere in Shropshire, which is only 15 miles or so from Chirk. I've never been there myself but I intend to give it a try when I'm next in the area ...

http://www.woodlanereserve.co.uk/

Ellesmere itself is a pleasant enough town with with a big lake, of the same name, which attracts loads of wildfowl and other birds and the Llangollen canal is very close to the town.

There's probably plenty of other places near Chirk which, no doubt, other, more local, members will tell you about!

Enjoy your weekend. Hope the weather stays fine.

Mike

Hi Mike

Many thanks for the link, I'll give it a go. The caravan sites usually have a good supply of local information but as usual, the wonderful birders on this site are always obliging to share their knowledge :t:

Thanks again

Di

Conwy

You can't go wrong at the RSPB Conwy - great site just down the A5 from Chirk - don't forget to go to Eamon's Chippy in nearby Llandudno Junction,
when you're finished, for the best Fish n Chip cafe in Wales !

Also, see the Raptors and Grouse on the Panorama near Llangollen

John B :)

We're off to Chirk for the Bank Holiday weekend and was wondering about good sites/areas to travel too.

Many thanks

Di

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back