• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheshire And Wirral Birding: Hills, Lowland and Coast (2 Viewers)

Certainly did CB but haven't sorted through them yet. Will post if there any really good ones. Did I miss you there this morning?

Nos had risen to 9 by end of day.

Nice initial images Victor. CB was talking to me while you were on the gantry.
Great news with the increase in numbers, oh well may have to go again in the morning before going over to the Wirral

Thank you to all of you who posted about Macclesfield B&Q. Had never seen a waxwing and went there from Southport this morning. At first nothing and then 6 waxwings who stayed giving a great show for about 30 mins. Brilliant!!!!

Thank you to all of you who posted about Macclesfield B&Q. Had never seen a waxwing and went there from Southport this morning. At first nothing and then 6 waxwings who stayed giving a great show for about 30 mins. Brilliant!!!!

Well done :t: very exciting birds, they leave you feeling pretty good with yourself, I guess they made the journey very worthwhile

You must have been there at the same time as myself, Bfb and Victor then. Cracking birds they were.

CB

Update for today - American Herring Gull reported at Hoylake; 3 Yellow-legged Gulls & Hooded Crow at Arpley Tip; 3 Hen Harriers at Parkgate;

Waxwings - 9 at Macclesfield, 4 at Thurstaston CP, 19 at Kelsall & 10 at Littleton;

Late news for Nov 3rd – 2 Waxwings at Thustaston; Little Stint at Inner Marsh Farm; 2 Twite at Thingwall; 10 Eider & 4 Purple Sandpipers at Hilbre;

CB

You must have been there at the same time as myself, Bfb and Victor then. Cracking birds they were.

CB

About 10.30 in the morning - thank you again for posting about the waxwings there - it was well worth the journey. They behaved perfectly - turning up just after we got there - I've waited 2/3 years to see them and it was worth the wait!

parkgate morning

the tide didn't rise and the birds didn't appear either.

one hen harrier, though so far out it could have been speaking welsh, and a report of a merlin further along the marsh.

oh and one peregrine sat on a branch.

on to IMF later but the only thing of note was a flock of redwing a fieldfare in the bushes by the path, and a couple of reports of brambling by the wood.

9 Waxwings still at B&Q Macclesfield upto midday but no further sightings on Sunday to my knowledge. I'm told a Peregrine was seen flying over.

Attachments

• Waxwing-swallowing-birdforu.jpg
    Waxwing-swallowing-birdforu.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 59
Todays news so far - 9 Waxwings still at Macclesfield, 1 at Poynton and 11 at Kelsall;

Yesterday’s News - Waxwings – 9 at Macclesfield; 20+ at Kelsall; 2+ by Leasowe Lighthouse; 2 Woodlarks at Brereton CP; Lapland Bunting at Neston; Jack Snipe and Mediterranean Gull at Hoylake Langfields; 2 Hawfinches and 8 Brambling at Thurstaston CP; Marsh Harrier and 2 Hen Harriers at Parkgate; Chiffchaff at Arclid SQ; Purple Sandpiper at New Brighton ML;

Saturday 6th Nov - 4 Little Egrets, 97 Brent Geese, 5 Purple Sandpipers, 50 Common Scoters and 3 Guillemots at Hilbre.

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back