• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camargue, France (1 Viewer)

Cormac

Which month is best to see storks and flamingo in the Camargue. Also, any advice on accommodation etc appreciated.

Flamingo I saw end of April in Camargue. Storck must be also there in this time.
Accomodation ist difficult. I used tent at camping place at coast.
In this time is low peak saison in this area with few tourists.
Begin of Mai is better for Bee Eater and Roller.

White Stork and Flamingo can be seen year round in Camargue for Black Stork the best time is from the end of August to early October and the worst time is from May to August (which isn't recommended because of the heat anyways).
I think a spring visit would be the best so you could see the storks, flamingos and a good variety of other species.

Not sure about accomodation...I assume you'll have a car so staying in Les Saintes Maries de la Mer or Arles would be a good option.

I spent a week in the Carmargue in October. Arles is a great place to stay if you have a car. It allows access to both sides of the river and is great for food. Have a look at these threads for more.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back