• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

C.vaccinii or ligula? (1 Viewer)

Nerine

For some reason I always struggle with these. This was in the trap this morning. What do you think?

Many thanks

Nerine

Attachments

• maybe Dark Chestnut 13April.jpg
    maybe Dark Chestnut 13April.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 60
That is a tough one Nerine. The top wing is slightly damaged in the crucial area and bottom one not quite showing enough of the termen to be 100%. I think it most likely vaccinii but wouldn't have much money on it.

Thanks Brian, I still have the moth so I'll tease it a bit and see if I can get a good look at the bottom wing.

Nerine

I have added another photo - does this help?
I think you may be right, Brian, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• Conistra 13 April.jpg
    Conistra 13 April.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back