• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

www.draycotebirding.co.uk

Parking £2.50 ,for Farborough bank walk from the car park towards the visitor centre and go to your right ,see the site map. Of course the Diver could be anywhere but Farborough bank seems to be where it is reported from most.
A full circuit is about 5 miles.

Thank you djludlow for the top info and link.....will try a visit weather permitting some time this week ...hopefully.

Thanks
Keith

I will echo what djludlow said, where the car park is head right so the visitor centre is behind you, that is Farborough bank, when it heads right that is the spit, that is where we saw it from.

There is also a long tailed duck around but we did not see that.

Check their website it doe get updated daily.

http://www.draycotebirding.co.uk/

Good luck

Cheers....working late shifts this week so will have to be weekend or over the holiday....

Thinking about it after looking at the link/map I think I visited here once in the '80s.....and saw my only Snow bunting.

Keith :t:

20/12/13 Hams Hall sewer outflow area 4 Chiffchaff and the Siberian plumaged bird that called like a juvenile Chiffchaff. I would say this is a first year bird, it then gave a few collybita type calls.
Lea Marston River bridge 2 Green Sand (RJT) and a Shelduck over.

Regards, John

Coombe Abbey

Reported on the Yahoo group on January 14th: Egyptian Goose with Greylags by duck feeding area at Coombe Abbey‏ (John Galletly).

This appears to be a resident bird, as one has been recorded on the WeBS counts there regularly since 2011. It's a pity that very little news comes out of Coombe, given some of the other species recorded on the surveys, e.g. RC Pochard, Scaup, Smew, Merlin.

Matt

I will echo what djludlow said, where the car park is head right so the visitor centre is behind you, that is Farborough bank, when it heads right that is the spit, that is where we saw it from.

There is also a long tailed duck around but we did not see that.

Check their website it doe get updated daily.

http://www.draycotebirding.co.uk/

Good luck

Only if people send in their sightings, very few do especially at weekends.

Regards

John

Hi Matt,
I took a break from looking at the elusive Hume's leaf warbler and went to the sewer outflow bridge. From the outflow bridge looking to the river, 3 Sibes were in the near Hawthorns on the left hawking insects, then one moved just left of the bridge. I then went to the Hume's site and told photographers, however nobody was interested. I went back to my car by the roadside and saw Martyn Yap and Kay in their car, they decided to have a look, Martyn then returned to his car having realised he had left his binnoculars in the car,on arriving at the Bridge with Kay one Sibe remained but then flew over the bridge and flew up the outflow on the opposite side.

Regards, John

Hi Matt,
I took a break from looking at the elusive Hume's leaf warbler and went to the sewer outflow bridge. From the outflow bridge looking to the river, 3 Sibes were in the near Hawthorns on the left hawking insects, then one moved just left of the bridge. I then went to the Hume's site and told photographers, however nobody was interested. I went back to my car by the roadside and saw Martyn Yap and Kay in their car, they decided to have a look, Martyn then returned to his car having realised he had left his binnoculars in the car,on arriving at the Bridge with Kay one Sibe remained but then flew over the bridge and flew up the outflow on the opposite side.

Regards, John

Thanks John.

4/2/14 Hams Hall ouflow 2 Siberian Chiffchaff ( 1 tried to copulate with the other) 4 Chiffchaff ( 2 singing)
North of the Road bridge Humes reported, Chiffchaff, Green Sand and a pair of Goosander on the river.
Ladywalk carpark feeders a bullnecked Redpoll with a white wing bar larger and longer winged and tail, then the 2 Lesser Redpoll also on the niger feeder but with the same dark plumage as the lessers apart from the wingbar..

http://birdingfrontiers.com/2011/02/02/browner-mealy-redpoll/

Regards, John

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back