• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Warwickshire (2 Viewers)

Yesterday's third winter Iceland Gull was at Packington Tip (Alan Dean).
20/12/11 Coton Roost Ad Med Gull, tricky 2nd win Yellow-legged Gull (Alan Dean) also Water Rail.

Regards, John

4/1/12 Mealy with lesser Redpolls and Chaffinch dropping into a weedy paddock adjacent to Mancetter Hill farm. Birds can be seen in trees around the paddock as they move in and out of the paddock.

Regards, John

8/1/12 Mancetter 30 Skylark in corn stubble, 3 Grey Wagtail on the river Anker, also 3 Yellowhammer and a Reed Bunting seen, Chiffchaff along the river behind Dobbies garden centre.

Regards, John

9/1/12 At Hartshill it would appear the berries are starting to run out in the wider countryside having seen 25 Redwings in a garden on Holly today.
The mild conditions caused a Goldcrest to go into full song at Upper Coal Spinney, Mancetter.

Regards, John

Night Heron at Atherstone.

Hi. The Night Heron has been present at Atherstone since Wednesday 18th January. I work for British Waterways and was on site on Thursday when the lads told me of a small heron around the drained canal stretch. We had a discussion about Grey Heron being the size it is and juveniles not around yet. About two hours later one of the gang shouted me and the bird was perched in a tree next to the de-watered canal and I confirmed it was a Night Heron. Unfortunately I had no camera.
The bird can be seen from the canal bridge on Merevale Road, Atherstone but there is absolutely no access along the canal towpath due to construction works taking place. This is the reason why I did not put out the information on Thursday but now it is out I hope birders will respect the closure of the towpath.
The towpath is due to re-open next Friday however the bird is feeding in the mud of the de-watered canal so I doubt it will be around once the channel is full again.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back