• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

21/4/14 At Polesworth Priory Park (Polesworth bank holiday site) which is a high point I had a Tree pipit over calling at 10:27 and 2 Yellow Wagatils went over all heading North.

Regards, John

Male Common Redstart from footpath east of Edstone Hall. From A3400 just north of Bearley take minor road to Norton Lindsey. After about a mile take footpath north.

07-09-14 Henley in Arden - River Alne
Went to Henley in Arden for a christening - thought I'd best check out the River Alne, in a park off the Hight St. Walked along it for a couple hundred metres and it continued and got more overgrown when I heard a kingfisher call in the distance. I continued walking and then saw it take off and call again, flying down the river. Great!! The second one in a day and six different ones in a week and heard a further 2 more.

Last edited:
Visited Coton Lakes for the first time in a while today and was completely surprised to find no hide there! Seems it got burnt down some time ago :C but can't remember this being reported.
Matt

Ladywalk

Hi All

First visit yesterday for many months and, whilst there was nothing 'rare or scarce' around, a very pleasant sunny day made for an enjoyable few hours.

Straightaway at mid-day in the car park, I joined a number of other birders watching a Peregrine feeding on a pigeon on the pylon. Then on to the Sainsburys Hide feeders, which never seem to disappoint; species seen during an hour there included Great Spotted Woodpecker, Redpoll, Reed Bunting, Nuthatch, Greenfinch, Bullfinch, Long-tailed Tit, Water Rail and a female Sparrowhawk which came through at speed, but with no success.

From the Riverwalk Hide, nine Goosander were on and around the main pool plus several other species including Little Egret and Little Grebe.

Back near the car-park, on the far side of the river the Common Sandpiperwas showing well and feeding close alongside it for several minutes was a Grey Wagtail, looking bright and shiny in the late afternoon sun.

Saturday's forecast looks promising for any other WMBC members who also enjoy some very 'decent' birds, even when there is nothing rare around ... this almost half-decent Water Rail photo, which was only digibinned, meaning any proper photographers could get some very nice shots.

Cheers

Andy R.

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 47
Dead Barn Owl by the A446 Lichfield Road just south of the Holly Lane junction; presumably the victim of a traffic collision

Common Tern over Engine Pool,Earlswood Lakes last few days.....

Attachments

• New Canon 214 046 a low.jpg
    New Canon 214 046 a low.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 29
  • New Canon 214 047 llow.jpg
    New Canon 214 047 llow.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 26
The West Midlands Autumn All-Day Birdwatch is on Saturday 5th September if any sites wish to join Upton Warren, Sandwell, Belvide, Grimley et al.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back