• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird topography in Spanish (1 Viewer)

Peter C.

...just zis guy, you know?
I am wondering if anybody out there can direct me to a image online that shows the names of bird parts in Spanish. I am trying to communicate with some Colombian birders, regarding the identity of a bird (about which I have mostly just got field notes) and think there may be some "crossed-wires" because I don't know the proper words in Spanish for common terms in bird topology.

I could just look up these words individually, of course, but there's no guarantee that I would find the correct form of a given word (think of all the possible meanings of a word like "cap" for instance.) A drawing, such as is used in the prefaces of most field guides, would be a lot more useful.

Peter

Thanks, guys. It was weird, I tried a search just like that, all the images came up in English! Must be something in my browser settings....

If you put "ave topografia" into google.es or yahoo.es you come up with various possibilities.

There may also be a difference between Spanish and South American terminology so that may require you to look at other search engine countries.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back