• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Stories - A Tale About Storks (1 Viewer)

Bird Stories – A Tale About Storks (coming up soon)

Last week, on April 16th, I became a member of this Bird Forum. I posted an intro about myself that day in the Say Hello forum. In my intro I refer to my late brother, who was a passionate lover of birds and keen observer, teaching me enough about birds to consider myself a reasonably informed layperson. In our 59 years of life together we went on many a bird watching walk, at home in The Netherlands, and abroad.

In my Say Hello post, I also referred to a second message - Opportunity for book lovers and collectors - that I had posted in the For Sale forum that same day. I posted this second message because my brother left me a legacy of some 1000+ bird and nature books, which I wanted to bring to your attention.

I received some very kind reply Hellos from several people, as well as a gentle tick-off - and I’m not being sarcastic here – by one of the forum’s moderators, telling me that there were some rules and regulations to adhere to with regards to posting in the For Sale section: being a member for at least 5 days, and, submitting a minimum of 10 posts first
(gallery and for sale do not count). As I hadn’t complied with that yet, my For Sale post had therefore been taken down again.

Oops, how awkward, I thought.

Thinking on how to comply with the required 10 posts - before I can resubmit the Opportunity for book lovers and collectors message in the For Sale.. , I decided to take it as an incentive and inspiration to get me out of the door and start bird watching again. I miss my brother, and going for walks and looking at birds has been tinged with sadness these past few years. It would be nice to replace that with some joy through a fresh look at things. Call it a therapy dealing with loss and grief.

As I am more of a story teller than a data collector, I will write as such, and will soon post the first part of my Tale About Storks in my Bird Stories blog.

For now, happy bird watching!

Erna Horn

Attachments

• Nest 2 20223 - DSCN7954.JPG
    Nest 2 20223 - DSCN7954.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back