• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald Eagle Migration (1 Viewer)

OK_Scissortail

Oklahoma State Bird
Has anyone noticed if the Bald Eagles have started migrating south yet? One of my goals for this Winter is to get some photos of the Bald Eagle. Last year I was driving across a high bridge over the near by lake, looked out across the water and Whoa!! there flying beside the bridge at my level was a Bald Eagle. I had to look twice to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Of course did not have a camera with me, so this year I am ready. I have one trip planned that a bird society is planning to meet up and hopefully see some Bald Eagles in January. Was just curious if anyone had seen any or knew if they have started migrating yet?

Where I used to live we had one that would show up several times a year in the pasture and perch on a tree. Always just far enough away to not get a good picture.

Hi, They are migrating as you read this . I have seen several here on the east coast of Virginia in the past few weeks.

They have arrived!! YEAH! Just got word of siting a few miles down road from where I live. Heading out on Friday to hopefully see them. Today it is raining. :(

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back