• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone got a atx or btx 115? (1 Viewer)

salty

geordie birder
I miss my old atx95, sold it years ago...

I’m now after the 115 but I’m undecided on the ATX or BTX, I’ll mainly be using it for cliffs and also my local peregrines here.

I do like the idea of the x35 binocular vision but I still like the idea of going to x70 too....especially with the brighter image....anyone got advice?

cheers

I’m now after the 115 but I’m undecided on the ATX or BTX, I’ll mainly be using it for cliffs and also my local peregrines here.

I do like the idea of the x35 binocular vision but I still like the idea of going to x70 too....especially with the brighter image....anyone got advice?

cheers
I am also quite keen on a ATX115MM Setup myself but unable to locate one forsale here in USA. Are you aware of any available forsale anywhere..?

I do have a 95mm (and 85) and both btx and stx - if you use and like the zoom feature often, well... there is no way around with the btx - only a 1.7x increase, but still fixed.
However the viewing experience is quite more relaxed and pleasant. Not sure with the new 115, but I find that the 95 with the 1.7x has the IQ suffering a bit at 70x, however still very good with the 1.7x extender

I tested the 115 module a few weeks ago...
It's very very bright but also front heavy so you'd
need a counterbalance.
Basically a 4 and a half inch waterproof Apochromatic refractor. Would love to test it on the planets and stars...

Cheers
Tim

Quick update, ordered the ATX today, I’ll see how I get on and see it really is feint biased, I’m sort of used to that having been used to 600mm f4 lens on tripod before

cheers
I have a brand new 30x70 95mm atx

cheers
Sorry I just read that you have ordered 1 if you know anyone else looking I have a brand new Swarovski ATX 30-70 x95mm scope with new stay on case also Swarovski. Enjoy your new scope ;)

Sure would like to buy from a USA Dealer Online here in the STATES a BNIB 115MM Objective.. Can anyone link me one forsale here in the STATES please...

Hi,

maybe read up on star testing in various threads in here or elsewhere and do so asap when you get it to ensure that you get a decent unit...

Yes, contrary to popular belief, there are Swaro branded lemons too... which you might get fixed on warranty with enough persistence too. But if you can just return it, it's a lot less hassle.

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back